It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these. This one looked fun, so I thought “why not?”
So, here goes!
1. When was the last time that you went out dancing?
It’s been years! I went out in December, and I danced when I was out, but I didn’t go out for the purpose of dancing, if that makes sense.
2. Have you ever had an argument with a teacher?
Not that I remember. Once, though, a teacher asked the class, “What am I supposed to do with this?” and I answered, “Eat it.” That earned me a detention. I was seven or eight at the time. I remember my parents putting on this show in front of the teacher: NO MICHAEL JACKSON FOR A WEEK. They never enforced it, and I found out years later that they thought it was hilarious and that’s why I really didn’t get in trouble with them.
3. Do you have a tough time remembering people’s names?
Yes. I’m great at faces but not so good at names.
4. Would you rather change your past or know your future?
I don’t know. There are amazing things because of my past, like Aidan. So I think I like it the way it is.
5. What’s one thing you feel you must do in your life before it ends?
· Travel out of the U.S.
· See Aidan grow up.
· Publish a novel.
This is Ingrid Yang.
She is beautiful and amazing.
Seriously, read her bio.
I haven’t met her yet.
Her class is level 2-3 and I’ve been doing 1-2.
(Mia, who has been teaching me for nearly two years, thinks I can handle 2-3,
but for some reason, I’ve been scared to try it.)
Ingrid inspires me just the same.
6. How many credit cards do you have right now that have a zero balance?
I have two credit cards, and one has a zero balance. I’m maintaining a balance and paying more than the minimum payment on my other to rebuild my credit.
7. What is the most expensive thing you purchased this year?
My yoga teacher training tuition. Well, I haven’t purchased it outright. I’m on a payment plan. And I got an AWESOME scholarship. But it’s still expensive. Worth it, though.
8 . If you’re married, this probably doesn’t apply to you, but: Are you mindful about getting tested for STDs/HIV at least semi-regularly? Why/why not? Married people: Were you mindful about this type of thing when you were single? Why/why not?
I was never promiscuous, nor did I spend much time single. Once I went to college, I was in monogamous relationships pretty much all the time until I got married.
9. If you could ask the president of the United States one question, what would it be?
I’d ask him if it’s all been worth it. I swear, it looked like he started sprouting grey hairs the very night he got elected. I NEVER want to take on his role. OR I’d ask him if he’d want to hang out with me. Not as the president but as himself. He seems fun.
So, here are my answers to Krista’s questions:
Where would you live if you could live anywhere?
HA. Well, it would be somewhere that never gets a winter but also no violent storms. Actually, the weather would be a perfect 75-80F every day, blue skies, light breezes. We’d get rain, but only at night. Never any thunderstorms.
It would be near all my favorite people. Like, on the same street.
There would be great public transportation.
Taxes and prices would not be insane.
My home would be a nifty brick townhouse with lots of rooms and definitely more than one bathroom, a dishwasher, and a library.
I’d live walking distance to a library, Moksha yoga studio, a grocery store, a post office, a cupcake bakery, a train station, and a diner.
Civil rights and personal rights would be a GIVEN.
There would be a horse farm nearby.
And lots of trees.
What is your favorite color?
I have two. Pink and purple.
What has been your favorite vacation?
Disney World!! All seven times!
Strangest thing you ever ate?
Have you ever punched someone in the face?
Your strangest habit?
I can’t even describe it really. But it’s weird.
Biggest pet peeve?
Rude people. That includes people who smoke in nonsmoking areas, people who blast music and/or TVs at all hours of the night, people who scream and yell and laugh loudly in the middle of the night, people who interrupt, people who cut me off on the road….
Do you judge people who wear pajamas in public?
Depends on where we are.
It’s 10 o’clock. Do you know where your children are?
He’s at his grandmother’s.
Favorite alcoholic beverage?
Amaretto Sour, followed closely by Moscato.
He’s still my favorite.(Originally posted at http://anywhere-is.net. Comment here or there.)
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions.
5. Tag a few people, let them know.
photo of me
11 RANDOM THINGS
1. I am 100% completely DONE with winter. Wait, this isn’t so random, is it? Still. I’m ready for spring.
2. Every time I sing, Crookshanks either climbs on my lap or he stares at me, purring like a maniac. He apparently doesn’t mind that I’m kinda tone deaf.
3. I’m currently “singing” The Wind Beneath My Wings. Yup.
4. I used to hate it when Charla (my BFF from junior high and high school) would start singing Wind Beneath My Wings when we were talking on the phone. She also used to sing a Donna Summer song that drove me nuts. I can still hear her singing I’m going crazy just to let you know… in my ear just like it was yesterday.
Here’s a link to the video (Google + YouTube = YOU CAN FIND ANYTHING!):
5. I totally just posted a link to that video on Charla’s Facebook wall.
6. Now I’m singing this along with the video. It’s a fun song to sing. I get it now, Charla.
7. Here is a picture of Charla with Ricky Luna:
8. If you’ve been reading my blog for at least a year and don’t know who Ricky Luna is, shame on you. For those of you who don’t know, check out this post to learn more.
9. Speaking of MMC, I can get lost in a YouTube MMC spiral for hours.
10. I wanted to be a Mouseketeer on the 90s MMC in the worst way. There’s no way you’re surprised by this.
11. I am meticulous about tagging all my mp3s in iTunes. I hate when there are blank spaces (like missing album names or artists), I hate when the genre is wrong, I hate when there are 14 different spellings for the same artist. I will go on amazon and download proper album artwork. I’ve spent many happy hours organizing my mp3s.
11 QUESTIONS FOR ME
1. You just won a trip, all expenses paid — you have to choose the destination now, where will you go? Who will you take? Why?
BAHAHAHAHA. OK if you’ve only been reading my blog for two seconds you should know the answer to this! Actually, I have many places but the first thing I’d do is plan an EPIC Disney World vacation with all my favorite people in the world. Two weeks, we’d take over the Polynesian or Port Orleans French Quarter. I’d take Adam, my mom, Aidan, Chris, Matt, Rosa, Richard, Aimzy, Charla & her kiddos, Amy R, (I’d invite Jen but I know she wouldn’t want to come), Seanan, s00j, Ryan (but I’d have him avoid it’s a small world–he got stuck on it for hours when he was a kid so he’s had enough of that for a lifetime), Vixy, Amy V, Deborah (and Jeff if he wanted), Adam’s mom and dad, Cassidy, Lola… am I missing anyone? Consider yourself invited if so.
2. Dark, Milk or White Chocolate?
Well, definitely not white chocolate. It’s a toss up between dark or milk. It’ll depend on how sweet I want it. But dark is winning. Which is funny because when I was little, I thought dark chocolate was pointless and disgusting. Now I love it.
3. Have you ever succeeded in giving up something that was bad for you? What was it?
4. You have four ingredients: eggs, milk, cheese and bread. What is the most creative thing you can make?
Scrambled eggs with cheese, and toast on the side.
5. Zoo, Aquarium or Circus?
Zoo or aquarium. Better yet, zoos with aquariums included!
6. If there were no other factors to consider except for pure joy’s sake, how many children would you want to have?
MAYBE one more.
7. Do you wear glasses or contacts?
8. Have you ever been in a bad accident?
No. I’ve been in a scary accident (totally Charla’s fault), but not very bad.
9. How many pets have you had / do you have? What kind? What are their names?
I currently have three cats. Crookshanks, Helena, and Fi.
not my best but probably the only time
they’ll all get close enough to be in one shot
10. What is the funniest joke you have heard lately?
*shrug* Can’t remember.
11. I like the dream car question, so if you could have any new car of your choosing what would it be?
audi tt roadster, $47,500
MY 11 QUESTIONS
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is the first thing you do when you get up in the morning?
3. What is your favorite scent?
4. Would you rather have the perfect body and your current face, or the perfect face and your current body?
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
6. If it didn’t cause any bad consequences (weight gain, high cholesterol, etc.) what is the one thing you’d eat tons of?
7. What is one thing you would eliminate from the world if you could?
8. Would you rather sky dive or go mountain climbing?
9. What is one talent you wish you had?
10. What is one song that makes you want to rip out your eardrums?
11. Are you a PC or a Mac?
(If Charla had a blog, I’d totally tag her, too.)(Originally posted at http://anywhere-is.net. Comment here or there.)
I'm from Cleveland, OH. I now live in Chicago, IL.
2. Favorite childhood story/book/film?
As for books, I love anything by Janet Adele Bloss (I wish I could find copies of her books still), and the Ramona and Baby-sitters Club books always made me happy. Basically, my mom would go to Giant Eagle for her 'heavy' grocery shopping and buy me a bunch of those little cheap books. I'd be in heaven! And book club day? Oh My God. (I still get that way when I make a big order at The Book Depository and it arrives!)
As for films? I loved Firestarter and The Parent Trap. Anything that had little girls who were my age in it? I was all over it. Except I never got into Poltergeist.
3. If you could change gender for a day what would you do?
What do you think? LOL.
4. Do you feel you family is complete or would you like more/some children?
I'm pretty sure I'm done. Mostly because of financial/practical reasons rather than not wanting more.
5. What do you do/Where do you work and do you enjoy it?
I'm a freelance proofreader/copy editor and for the most part, I do enjoy it. I wish I had more steady work, but I like working from home most of the time and editing is usually fun for me.
6. Which three words do you think sum you up?
Loyal, silly, dreamer
7. If you were a fairy what magical powers would you possess?
Hmm. I guess the ability to make everyone around me happy.
8. If you were invisible, where would you go and what would you do? Why?
I'd go to Disney World and people watch. OH WAIT I do that anyway.
9. What song can’t you listen to without crying?
Slipped Away by Avril Lavigne.
10. Which book changed your life – or at least made you think a lot?
I hate to admit it because so many people hate them on now, but Flowers in The Attic and Heaven, both by VC Andrews.
11. Why do you blog?
To express myself, update far away friends, and make new friends.
12. What is your top ‘me-time’ tip?
Lying in bed or on the couch with a blanket, a glass of Kool-Aid, a book, and a kitty cat.
13. What can’t you live without?
Food, water, clothing, shelter, love.
14. Which of all your blog posts are you most proud of and why?
I am most proud of the ones that I am most honest, even though it may have been hard to do so.
15. Have you ever met a famous person? Who and where?
Mmm-hmmm. Mario Lopez. LL Cool J. Meg Cabot. Peter Yarrow. Weird Al. Lots more. Mostly in meet or greet situations.
16. When did you last have a full night's sleep?
17. What would you think is harder: Going to work or staying at home with children?
I think staying home would be harder. I'd still rather do that, though.
18. What are you doing for Easter?
I'm almost certain Aidan will be here for it, so he'll get an Easter basket and we might make cupcakes and dye eggs.
19. What is your favorite drink?
100% cherry juice.
20. Do you play any sports?
21. What is your most embarrassing moment?
When I was a teenager, I said to my mother and sister, "Y'all wanna see how high I can kick?" And both my legs went from under me and I landed right on my butt.
That wasn't my most embarrassing moment, but it's definitely more funny than the real one.
22. How clever are you?
Depends on the day.
23. Name a new favorite TV show?
24. Any guilty pleasures?
25. If you could have chosen your own name, what would it be?
This has changed over the years. I think I'd be Tori, which is one of the names my mom was considering for me.
26. Who do you most admire in life, and why?
I hate this question.
27. What is your most treasured possession?
Pandernoodle. But you all knew that, right?
28. Tell your favorite funny joke…
Did you hear the joke about the sandwich?
Never mind. It was full of baloney.
29. What is your biggest fear in life?
Never getting my writing mojo back.
30. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? What does it remind you of?
Chocolate. It doesn't remind me of anything except deliciousness.